For a couple of hundred dollars, Omax M82ES are known for over-delivery of features not commonly found in compound biological microscopes. It is not hard to find lab researchers, scientists and microbiology students singing high praises for this microscope from Omax.
Although the features and hardware are not on par with high end brands like Nikon and Olympus, many reviews from buyers have indicated that Omax M82ES does get the work done for them.
Be sure to read our microscope buying guide if you are new to microscope and would appreciate a guide to help you choose the right one that is inline with your need and budget.
Below is an unbiased review of Omax M82ES in which I will provide both negative and positive aspects of this Omax microscope which was awarded “Best Compound Microscope” in 2018.
Product Core Features of Omax M82ES – What’s to Like?
You will be thrilled to know that this microscope from Omax comes with a dual layer mechanical stage where you are given full flexibility to adjust your viewing samples across all 3 dimensions (Up, Down, Left/Right). This will also help keep your slide intact as you adjust the perfect focus of your sample.
Omax M82ES comes equipped with NA1.25 Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm. This means the intensity of the LED lighting can be customized in accordance to your needs and most importantly it will outlast a typcial halogen bulb.
This Omax microscope provides you with eight different levels of magnifications starting from 40X to a maximum of a whopping 2000X.
In addition to that, this compound microscope also offers revolving nosepiece that comes with objective lenses of 5X, 10X, 40X, and 100X.
With coaxial coarse & fine focus knobs on each side of this Omax microscope, you will definitely find it much easier to find your perfect focus when viewing samples.
Various Usage for Omax M82ES
Suggested Applications for Omax M82ES
and many more
Omax M82ES Product Review
Your investment into Omax M82ES will soon reap benefits whether you are a microbiology student or a rookie lab researcher learning to use a compound microscope. This fully featured microscope will provide you and your families with hours of fun exploring the microscopy world.
- Affordable Price for a Full Feature Microscope
- Whopping 2000x Magnification Range
- 3 Dimensional Adjustment Dual Layer Mechanical Stage
- Iris Adjustable of LED Lighting
- Ergonomic Design with Coarse and Fine Focus Knobs on each side
- Removable Ocular Objectives for Potential Future Upgrades
- Stain Resistant Metal Frame Construction
- 5 Year Warranty against Manufacturing Defects
- Coarse and fine adjustment knobs has a rough feel to them compared to high end microscopes
- Changing of eyepiece is needed when swapping to higher magnifications
OMAX 40X-2000X Lab LED Binocular Microscope with Double Layer Mechanical Stage w Blank Slides Covers and Lens Cleaning Paper
- Total magnification: 40X-80X-100X-200X-400X-800X-1000X-2000X; Eyepieces: wide field WF10X and WF20X; Objectives: achromatic DIN 4X, 10X, 40X(S), 100X(S, Oil); Viewing head: 45 degrees inclined 360 degrees swiveling binocular; Sliding adjustable interpupillary distance: 2-3/16inch ~ 2-15/16inch(55~75mm); Ocular diopter adjustable on both eyetubes
- Nosepiece: revolving quadruple; Stage: double layer X-Y mechanical stage with scales, size: 4-1/2inchx 4-15/16inch (115mm x 125mm), translation range: 2-13/16inch x 1-3/16inch (70mm x 30mm); Stage upward moving lock protects objectives and slides
Product Specification Table
- Product Dimensions: 9-1/16″ x 7-1/8″ x 13″ (23cm x 18cm x 33cm)
- Translation range: 2-13/16inch x 1-3/16inch (70mm x 30mm)
- Net Weight: 7 lbs 2 oz (3.25 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 pounds
- Eyepiece: Binocular viewing head
- Stage: double layer X-Y mechanical stage with scales
- Condenser: NA1.25 Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm
- Magnification range: 40x to 2000x
- Objective: four achromatic objectives DIN 4X, 10X, 40X(S), 100X(S, Oil)
- Viewing head: 45 degrees inclined 360 degrees swiveling binocular
- Sliding adjustable interpupillary distance: 2-3/16inch ~ 2-15/16inch(55~75mm)
- Illumination type: Adjustable LED Lighting
- Power supply: AC/DC adapter, 7.5V/7.5W (UL approved) – Input: 100-240V
Who should buy Omax M82ES?
If you have professional and academic use of a full featured compound microscope, Omax M82ES at its current price is fairly affordable compared to those high-end models like Olympus and Nikon.
If your job is in the fields of clinical examination and research and is hoping to have a spare microscope at home for you to do some out-of-lab work, Omax M82ES will not disappoint.
Who shouldn’t buy it?
Omax M82ES is not cheap by any means. So if you not expecting to use it professionally or academically or on an occasional basis, I would not recommend getting it. Instead you may want to consider using a portable handheld model.
Is The Price Reasonable?
If you compare Omax M82ES’s features and functions to that of high end models, you will notice that it is a fair price to pay. As mentioned earlier, Omax M82ES is not for you if you do not think you will utilize most of its functions on a frequently basis.
Reviews from Existing Buyers
Most buyers of Omax M82ES have high praises for it, especially when it comes to viewing of bacteria, fungi, protozoa, etc. Most of them like the fact that the main viewing objectives are removable for replacement or future upgrades.
Some users love the extra 100-piece blank glass slides and 100-piece cover slips and 50-sheet lens cleaning paper that come with it.
There were feedback that the coarse and fine adjustment knobs feel rough compared to high end models. In my opinion, for two hundred bucks, I would treat it as an negligible flaw. 🙂Click here for more reviews from buyers
Final Thoughts – Should You Buy it?
If you have been searching for a compound microscope that comes with four high quality achromatic objectives, ergonomic design while offering lots of useful functions and accessories, Omax M82ES should be your best consideration.
Does Omax M82ES come with oil?
How long can the LED light bulb last?
What is the diameter of the inserting part of the eyepiece?
Can I attach Omax M82ES to a laptop or computer?
What Else to Know?
- Binocular microscope
- 4 DIN objectives 4X, 10X, 40X, 100X
- A pair of eyepieces WF10X
- A pair of eyepieces WF20X
- A bottle of Immersion oil
- AC adapter (US and Canada standard)
- Dust cover
- Color filter