5 Best Celestron Microscopes Reviewed for 2021
Buying a microscope is actually NOT an easy task, contrary to what many people may assume.
Getting one requires you to spend hours on research – reading reviews, understanding specifications, finding out what some technical jargon means and so on…
If you are looking to get a Celestron microscope of superior quality while not burning a hole in your pocket, you are in the right place.
You are unfamiliar with microscopes, you probably may not have heard of Celestron. Since its launch of C8 Telescope (an 8″ f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain) in 1970, Celestron has been a leading brand in optical microscope market.
It is also well known for it’s development of many revolutionary product in the telescope, microscope and sport optical industry.
Celestron has a decent variety of biological, digital, handheld or stereo microscopes, no matter what application you have in mind for a microscope, we have it covered for you below.
In this post, we have decided to do a round-up review of the best 5 Celestron microscopes so that you will be able to find the right model that suits you most in terms of budget and features.
The list of 5 models we have reviewed below includes the best of biological, digital, handheld or stereo microscopes. Even if you are a lab research professional or a hardcore microscopic hobbyist, I am sure you will find a model that suits the application you are looking for.
In a hurry? Be sure to check out the comparison table below that showcase our best selection of Celestron microscopes that are categorized by various key specifications and applications.
Best 5 Models
Celestron 44341 Microscope
LCD Digital/Biological Microscope
40x up to 1600x
Celestron 44308 Microscope
Handheld USB/ Digital Microscope
Celestron S10-60 Stereo Microscope
10x - 60x
Celestron CB2000C Compound Binocular Microscope
Compound Binocular Microscope
40x - 2000x
Celestron 44316 Handheld Digital Microscope
Handheld Digital Microscope
10x to 220x
Best 5 Celestron Microscopes
 Celestron 44341 LCD Digital Biological Microscope Review
If you are looking for an inexpensive biological microscope that possesses decent quality and features, then this Celestron microscope may be right up your alley.
This Celestron 44341 model comes with a fully adjustable mechanical stage that offers a dual axis (X & Y) fine position control knobs that enhances accuracy , besides having ease of slide positioning.
Not only does this biological microscope comes with a built-in 5 megapixel digital camera that is capable of recording 30 fps video of your specimen, it also comes equipped with a 3.5 inch TFT (thin-film-transistor) LCD screen. This flat panel display allows you to get a close-up examination of your specimens while recording various details and perspectives.
I especially like the 3 position rotating click-stop nose-piece with objective lens that provide 4x, 10x and 40x magnifications.
What’s more, Celestron 44341 also comes with a 10x camera sensor eyepiece that yields up to 400x magnification power.
In terms of illumination, both translucent and opaque specimens can be examined with ease using the built-in adjustable upper and lower LEDs.
If you are getting a microscope for the first time, you will be glad to know that this LCD digital microscope comes with multiple accessories, including a 1GB SD card that has enough storage to capture up to 600 high-resolution images for various applications.
Overall, this feature-packed Celestron microscope is probably one of the most affordable professional-level biological LCD microscope you can buy at it’s current price point.
|Dimensions||6.7 x 5.5 x 13 inches|
|Net Weight||6.5 pounds (2.95 kg)|
|Max. Magnification||1600x (with digital zoom)
|LCD Screen size||3.5″|
- Built-in 5MP digital camera
- Three Position Nose-piece (with Click-stop)
- 10 x Camera Sensor Eyepiece
- Measuring Reticle
- Full Adjustable Mechanical Stage
- Dual (Top & Bottom) Illumination LEDs
- 40x to 1600x magnification power
- Full-colored TFT LCD screen (rotates 180 degrees)
- Portable (Carrying case with shoulder strap provided)
- USB Connect Option
- Software included
- Free multiple accessories including 1GB SD card
- 2 years warranty
- Take a while to get adjustment right for counting of cells
Celestron – LCD Digital Microscope II – Biological Microscope with a Built-In 5MP Digital Camera
- BUILT-IN 5MP DIGITAL CAMERA: Our Celestron Biological Microscope has a built-in 5MP digital camera that captures high-resolution images and 30 fps SD video of your specimen as well as a full color 3.5″ TFT LCD screen with onboard software.
- HIGH MAGNIFICATION POWER: From 40x up to 1600x magnification (with digital zoom), the LCD Digital Microscope II is a precision instrument ideal for viewing a range of cellular specimens on slides.
- INCLUDES 1GB MICRO SD CARD: The Celestron LCD Digital Microscope II even includes a 1GB micro SD card, which provides enough storage to capture over 600 high-resolution images for lab reports, papers, lessons, and more.
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: In addition to the 1GB micro SD card, you’ll receive a dust cover, a rugged canvas carrying case with shoulder strap, 5 prepared slides, an AV out cable for viewing on a TV or projector, and a 4-plug international AC adapter.
 Celestron 44308 Digital Handheld USB Microscope Review
At first glance, this 5MP Celestron handheld microscope looks pleasing to the eyes and I like the fact the this digital handheld microscope comes with an adjustable LED illuminator.
This USB handheld microscope can be operated with a single hand and the focus wheel barrel is well-positioned for easy manipulation.
And just like any other handheld microscopes, this Celestron microscope can be connected to a laptop or computer (Mac and Windows OS compatible) for you to appreciate the intricate details of stamps, coins and what not while allowing you to view and capture amazingly high resolution images and videos.
You may also be glad to know that Celestron 44308 comes with an adjustable and weighted stand to ensure you get a steady viewing and image taking experience.
The Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope Pro is both lightweight and portable, perfect for countless applications like scientific research, component inspection, medical investigation and so on.
Personally, I love curating stamps from all over the world. Checking out each and every stamps that I have in my collection often provide me with countless hours of pleasure. And if you are like me who are into collecting small, tiny objects (rocks, gems, coins) or artifacts, you should be getting this handheld USB microscope from Celestron without a second thought. 🙂
|Dimensions||9 x 7 x 5 inches|
|Net Weight||1.43 pounds (0.65kg)|
|USB Cable Length||4 foot|
|Shutter speed||1 second to 1/1000 second|
- 5 Megapixel sensor allows capturing of high resolution images and videos
- 20 – 200x Magnification
- Lightweight and portable
- Adjustable and weighted stand provided
- Comes with Adjustable LED illuminator
- Hassle-free connection to laptop or computer using USB cable (provided)
- Easy single one hand manipulation and focus
- Multiple accessories included
- Celestron Micro Capture Pro software included
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows OS
- Pole for the stand is a little short
- Software provided is not the latest, will need to download from the official site
Celestron – 5 MP Digital Microscope Pro – Handheld USB Microscope Compatible with Windows PC and Mac – 20x-200x Magnification
- True 5MP sensor to capture and save high resolution images and videos of your specimens
- 5 Element IR cut high quality glass lens ensures sharper images. Shutter Speed 1 second to 1/1000 second
- 20x to 200x powers, great for low power observation of 3D specimens (Note: Final magnification determined by monitor size)
- 4 foot USB 2.0 cable for easy maneuverability when viewing large surfaces
- Intuitive software with measuring features
- Windows and Mac compatible SOFTWARE and FIRMWARE: MicroCapturePro (Model B), Windows 7 (update 2.4.1) MicroCapturePro (Model B), MAC OS (update 2.4.1) MicroCapture Pro, Windows (update 2.3) MicoCapturePro (Model B), Windows 8/Windows 10 (update 2.4.1) MicroCapturePro , MAC OS (update 2.3)
 Celestron S10-60 Stereo Microscope Review
After looking at the good quality features and functional specifications of Celestron S10-60, I have to say that the price point is indeed very irresistible.
S10-60 is a 60x mid-grade stereo microscope that comes with 2 sets of adjustable stereo eyepieces (10x and 20x) and a set of objective lens that allows viewing of specimens of up to a maximum of 60x magnification.
In additional to that, this Celestron microscope possesses a full-metal construction and a coarse focusing knob.
Besides having an upper and lower halogen illumination for viewing opaque and translucent specimens, this affordable stereo microscope also come equipped with a single focus control as well as a large viewing stage area.
If you are into specimens, you will be happy to know that there are 4 insect specimens that come included in the package.
Whether you are an aspiring Biology student or a lab professional who would like to have a working set of stereo microscope at home, Celestron S10-60 is truly value for money given the features and specifications that come with it.
|Dimensions||13 x 12 x 16 inches|
|Net Weight||6.6 pounds (3 kg)|
|Magnification ranges||10x, 20x, 30x & 60x|
|Eyepieces||WF 10x and WF 20x|
|Nose-piece||Two position click-stop rotating objective|
|Illumination||Upper and lower halogen|
|Head||Adjustable binocular with 45-degree incline|
- Single Focus Control
- 60x Magnification
- Large viewing Stage
- Dual Illumination sources
- Adjustable Stereo 10x and 20x Eyepieces
- 1 – 3x Adjustable Objective
- Free 4 insect specimens included
- 2 x Stage Plates provided
Celestron S10-60 Stereo Microscope
- Professional-level stereo microscope up to 60x power
- Two sets of 10x and 20x eyepieces, and objective lenses: 1x and 3x – in-rotating housing
- View specimens at 10x, 20x, 30x and 60x magnification
- Full-metal construction with coarse focusing knob
- Upper and lower illumination for full range of viewing
- Two stage plates included: (1) transparent stage for bottom illumination and (1) black and white sides for enhanced viewing” to “Two stage plates included: (1) transparent stage for bottom illumination and (1) black and white stage plates for enhanced viewing
- Four insect specimens included
 Celestron CB2000C Compound Binocular Microscope Review
This compound binocular microscope which comes with 4 fully achromatic objectives are for professionals who are doing lab and research works or hard-core hobbyists that do not mind spending high dollars for such high-end features.
CB2000C offers a good varieties of viewing magnifications (40x, 80x 100x, 200x, 400x, 800x, 1000x and 2000x) ranging from 40x to a maximum of 2000x.
Feature-wise, this compound microscope from Celestron comes with a fully adjustable mechanical stage PLUS coaxial dual speed focus that offers both coarse and fine focusing knobs for viewing and micrography.
Some other great impressive features I like includes built-in, adjustable halogen lower illumination with Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm – as well as interchangeable eyepieces for 40x, 80x, 100x, 200x, 400x, 800x, 1000x, and 2000x.
As if these are not enough, there are also a rotating click-stop four position nose-piece with 4x, 10x, 40x, and 100x objective lenses in additional to having a trinocular eyepiece tube for attachment of digital camera ( or for secondary eyepiece viewing capability).
As I mentioned earlier, Celestron CB2000C is definitely a lab-grade compound microscope that is most suitable for professional use and probably for people who needs it for very specific gigs that requires such high-end features.
|Dimensions||11.75 x 12.75 x 17.63 inches|
|Net Weight||14 pounds (6.35 kg)|
|Condenser||Abbe NA 1.25|
|Focuser||Coaxial coarse and fine focus controls|
|Illumination||Adjustable lower halogen|
|Magnification range||40x, 80x 100x, 200x, 400x, 800x, 1000x, & 2000x|
|Eyepiece(s)||WF10x and WF20x eyepieces (10x with pointer)|
- Rotating Four Position Click-Stop Nosepiece
- Interchangeable Eyepieces (for 40x, 80x, 100x, 200x, 400x, 800x, 1000x, and 2000x)
- Built-in, Adjustable halogen lower illumination
- Trinocular Eyepiece Tube
- Coaxial Dual Speed Focus Control
- Fully Adjustable Mechanical Stage
- Multiple Accessories included
- 4 Fully Achromatic Bbjective lenses – 4x, 10x, 40x, 100x
- Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm
- Can be quite heavy as there is very little plastic built into this Celestron microscope
- High price
Celestron CB2000C Compound Binocular Microscope w/40x – 2000x power, mechanical stage, 4 Fully achromatic objectives, Abbe condenser
- Professional-grade compound binocular with trinocular adapter, microscope with 2000x power
- 10x and 20x eyepieces (10x with pointer)
- 4 fully achromatic objective lenses – 4x, 10x, 40x, 100x
- View specimens at 40x, 80x 100x, 200x, 400x, 800x, 1000x and 2000x magnification
- All-metal construction with fully mechanical stage and coaxial focus with coarse and fine focusing knobs
- Built-in, adjustable halogen lower illumination with Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm
 Celestron MicroDirect HD Handheld Digital Microscope Review
It can be easy to mistaken Celestron MicroDirect 44316 for Celestron 44308 at first glance as they look a tad similar and are both handheld digital microscopes.
Their key difference is that Celestron MicroDirect can be connected directly to a monitor, projector or TV while Celestron 44308 will need a computer operating system in order to display microscopic images.
In additional to that, this Celestron microscope model is also able to stream images at full 1080p high definition – perfect for classroom demonstrations or sales presentations.
With this handheld Celestron microscope, there is no need to worry about power source as it can be powered via USB port or USB power bank, 120V A/C outlet or external batteries.
I am particularly impressed with the shutter button feature in which microscopic images can be saved directly to a SD card just by pressing the shutter button on the body of the microscope.
Coupled with an adjustable stand that is included, there is literally no limit to what you can do with Celestron MicroDirect 44316.
All in all, getting Celestron microscope should be a no-brainer if you have always wanted a handheld microscope that you can bring anywhere and connect to any monitor, TV or projector without ever needing a computer. 😉
|Dimensions||6.12 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
|Net Weight||1.3 pounds (0.59kg)|
|Photo Resolution||2304 x 1536 pixel array|
|Video Format||1080p HD – 30 FPS (HDMI Connect)|
|Magnification||10x to 220x|
|Power source||USB Port/ 120V outlet / External battery or powerbank|
- Connects directly to monitor, TV or Projector (no computer needed)
- Perfect for Classroom presentation or Sales demonstration
- Shutter Button for saving images
- Adjustable Stand included
- 3 x Power Sources
- One hand use and Barrel wheel for easy focus
- 10 x to 220x magnification
- Images are saved directly to SD card (not included)
- Sensor size is only 3.5MP
Celestron MicroDirect 1080p HD Handheld Digital Micro Viewing Digital Microscope
- 1080p video streaming of microscopic worlds via included HDMI cable directly to your monitor or projector. NO COMPUTER NEEDED!
- 3.5MP high speed sensor has larger pixel sizes that allow more details and a higher refresh rate
- 10x to 220x power magnification
- Records high definition still images. Images are saved directly to a Micro SD card (not included)
- Capture 720p High Definition video at 30 fps when connected to a PC via USB