Featuring an adjustable 12 inch boom-arm stand packaged with 9 inch vertical working distance plus a 30-degree inclination binocular viewing head (to reduce eye and neck strain), AmScope SE400-Z is rising in popularity among professionals working in industries like micro-soldering, surface mount soldering, electronic circuit repair and more. 🎨
With a flexible and yet sturdy goose-neck LED light to direct lighting as needed and a design that provides the working space for board and tools, this stereo microscope from AmScope has been living up to the expectation of many happy buyers.
In this review, I will be walking you through a comprehensive review of both the positive and negative aspects of AmScope SE400-Z. You may want to read up our microscope buying guide if you are somewhat unfamiliar with choosing the right microscope based on your needs.
Product Core Features – What’s to Like?
Adjustable Goose-neck LED Light
Whenever you need the perfect amount of lighting to be shone onto the object you are viewing, the flexible goose-neck LED light is definitely a god-send. It is like having someone hold up a LED light while you explore the intricate details of the object at hand.
12 Inch’s Worth of Working Space
Thanks to SE400-Z’s 13.5″ pillar and 17″ boom arm, you will get to enjoy a potential working space of up to 12″ horizontal and 9″ vertical space. Manipulation of large specimens is no longer a challenge.
Coupled with 1X objective, we like how the interchangeable pairs of eyepieces (WF10x18mm and WF20x10mm) are capable of providing up to 20X magnification. A perfect compliment to the large working area provided by the 17″ boom arm.
Stain-Resistant Metal Body
With its stain-resistant durable metal construction, this stereo microscope should last you for a long time to come.
Various Usage for AmScope SE400-Z
Key Applications for AmScope SE400-Z
Logic boards | electronic circuit repair
SMD rework and touchup
SMD Board Assembly
Quality and Fault Inspection
and many more
AmScope SE400-Z Product Review
If you are looking for a hgih image quality binocular stereo microscope that is easy to setup and have ample working space plus interchangeable eyepieces, AmScope SE400-Z may be the one you are looking for.
- Crisp and Sharp Image Quality
- Stain-resistant Build Quality
- Ample working space and distance
- Adjustable Goose-neck LED lighting
- Easy to Setup
- 20X lenses not really useful
- Online instruction manual are password protected
AmScope SE400-Z Professional Binocular Stereo Microscope, 10X and 20X Magnification, LED Lighting, Boom-Arm Stand
- Professional stereo microscope with boom arm has long working distance to enables users to perform work or manipulate large items, including circuit boards and dental appliances
- Binocular viewing head with interchangeable pairs of 10x and 20x widefield eyepieces, adjustable interpupillary distance, and fixed 30-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain
- 1x objective provides low magnification and longer focal length for inspecting large-scale specimens
Product Specification Table for AmScope SE400-Z
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 16 x 8 inches
- Item Weight: 14.82 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 14.82 pounds
- Head: Binocular
- Magnification: 10x, 20x
- Objective power: 1x
- Eyepieces (DIN, 30.5mm): WF10x18mm, WF20x10mm
- Focus: Bilateral coarse
- Microscope stand: Boom-arm stand
- Vertical working distance: 9″ (13.5″ overall pillar length)
- Boom arm: 12″ working distance (17″ overall length)
- Head rotation: X- and Y-axes
- Illumination type: Upper, reflected
- Light source: 1W LED on adjustable gooseneck
- Power: 110V-120V, UL listed
Who should buy it?
If you are looking for excellent image quality and user-friendly setup in addition to having an adjustable lighting plus ample working space and distance, AmScope SE400-Z is definitely a stereo microscope you should add to your shopping list.
Who shouldn’t buy it
Do not get Amscope SE400-Z if you are looking to capture image/video footages of specimens you are inspecting. Moreover, this SE400-Z microscope is not cheap by any means and if you are on a budget constraint or do not require interchangeable eyepeices and adjustable goose-neck LED lighting, you should give this a miss and instead check out Opti-Tekscope Digital USB Microscope.
Is The Price of AmScope SE400-Z Reasonable?
Amscope SE400-Z is definitely worth the price if you truly need the additional working space and distance and the interchangeable eyepieces and the adjustable goose-neck LED lighting. If you are into circuit board inspection, micro-soldering or lapidary work, this microscope should be high on your shopping list.
Reviews from Existing Buyers
Most buyer mentioned that they do not really need the 20X lenses and the 10x lenses are what is truly useful for their daily soldering work. Well, it really depends on what you use it for.
Many buyers really like the build quality, how easy it is to setup as well as the working distance that AmScope SE400-Z provides.Click here for more reviews from buyers
Final Thoughts – Should You Buy it?
How heavy is AmScope SE400Z?
What does AmScope SE400-Z come with?
- AmScope SE400Z stereo microscope with boom-arm stand
- WF10x18mm eyepieces, 30.5mm, one pair
- WF20x10mm eyepieces, 30.5mm, one pair
- 1x objective
- (2) Eye guards
- LED light
- Dust cover
- Power cord
What Else to Know?